Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies (Low Carb/Low Fat)

Peanut Butter. I love peanut butter. 
Most of the healthier, more diabetic-friendly peanut butter cookies that I've tried have been brittle, a little bitter, or lacking good peanut-buttery flavor. 
But then I made these cookies and they are perfect.
One time when I made them, I baked them a little too long, and they were still soft and chewy. Another time I left them out on a plate without covering them, and was sure they were going to be hard, but they were still soft and chewy. I even made a big batch of these for my Diabetic brother for his birthday, and when he was trying to be a "good diabetic" with limiting himself only 2 each day, he still had some left a week later, and guess what? They were still soft and chewy.
In case you haven't gotten the message, these cookies are very soft and chewy, no matter what.
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies:
Makes 20 cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp natural sea salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all the ingredients together until you have a sticky dough. Drop level cookie scoops onto a  baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (Don't press with a fork)
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet. Halfway through the cooling process, press criss-crosses into the cookies with a fork if desired.
On a side note, the cookies will firm as they cool.

For 1 cookie: Calories 95, Total Fat 6g, Sodium 365mg, Carbohydrates 7g, Protein 3g

No comments:

Post a Comment