Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce

I'm starting to get excited when I can come up with a substitute condiment, like the low carb barbecue sauce. It's great to have it in the fridge and handy for when I need to throw a quick meal together.
And now I have another good one!
YAY!!
Sweet with a subtle kick...mmm...
Teriyaki Sauce: (LOW CARB/LOW FAT)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar
1/2 tsp. crushed garlic (I use Christopher Ranch brand bottled crushed garlic. It's handy to have on...hand)
1/2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger (I keep peeled fresh garlic in my freezer because I use it often and use a zester to grate it into the sauce)
fresh ground pepper to taste
1 TBL flour
1 TBL cold water

Mix the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small sauce pan. Bring to a bowl and then turn down to a simmer. In a separate bowl, mix cold water and flour. Whisk into the sauce and cook a few minutes until it thickens.

For 2 tablespoons of sauce: 35 calories, 0g fat, 6.5g carbs, 1g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment